RPA technology is transforming the way people work around the world. Software robots can interpret what’s on a screen, type the correct keystrokes, traverse systems, locate and extract data, and do a wide variety of predetermined operations, much like people.
RPA in education has the potential to greatly assist educators and administrators in automating chores and procedures that would otherwise be cumbersome for them. Logging into applications and systems, transferring files and folders, extracting, copying, and inserting data, filling in forms, and generating regular analysis and reports are all tasks that software robots can execute. Powerful robots can even perform cognitive tasks such as deciphering language, participating in chats and conversations, comprehending unstructured data, and making complicated judgments using advanced machine learning models. They work constantly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and with 100 percent accuracy and dependability.
What are the uses of RPA in the Education Industry?
- Attendance: RPA can help you monitor student attendance regularly and send automatic reminders to parents, students, and teachers when required. You can keep track of the time when students clock in and out. Not only does this help in maintaining a record of all members but also provides reports for overtime benefit calculation and so forth.
- Teacher Substitution: By mapping class times, sections, and teacher data, you can simply assign faculty to the classes they need to teach or cover in the absence of a teacher based on their availability. This increases employee productivity. They can easily access their timetables whenever they want and manage their timelines with the help of mobile-friendly applications.
- Enrolment Process: Student enrollment is one of the most demanding and time-consuming tasks. RPA can easily replace this time-consuming process. RPA technologies in education can make the entire process easy for you, from verifying the form at the beginning to analyzing it, authenticating the papers, reviewing the eligibility requirements, and determining whether a student should be enrolled or not.
- Scheduling Meetings: Scheduling meetings and sending out notices, whether for a committee meeting or a parent-teacher meeting, can be a time-consuming process. Even more time-consuming is rescheduling and sending updated invites if the meeting is canceled. Scheduling meetings and sending out invitations to each participant can be readily automated using robotic process automation tools. RPA bots can also be used to send reminders with any necessary attachments.
- Creating Fee Structures: With the help of RPA, an institution can easily construct numerous fee groups, design scholarship applications, and decide on any optional expenses involved with their respective activities. You can also compare your school, college, or university’s financial statements to your ledger to uncover any fraudulent activities or mistakes, such as duplicate or non-compliant invoices.
- Classroom and Online Learning: Today’s online learning environment comes with a slew of responsibilities for teachers. Attendance monitoring, verifying and grading assignments, and tracking course progress are just a few of these responsibilities. Both offline and online learning processes may be handled with the strength and efficacy of robotic process automation. RPA can manage content on any platform that exists today and offer students with supplemental material for assignments as necessary.
- Assessment Tasks: Whether you need to schedule exams, organize exam hall seating, supervise sessions with video surveillance, or print result cards for each student, we can help, RPA bots and software solutions can simply carry out each of these operations, making the evaluation far easier than you could have thought.
- Answering Queries: You can provide student counseling, keep track of their activities, and assist them in maximizing their study time. Student counselors are frequently involved in answering student questions. You can simply answer any inquiry relating to the pre-and post-enrollment phases of the student life cycle, including but not limited to course, fees, and so on, using AI-enhanced bots.
- Co-Curricular Activities: Bots created by RPA Software are also making progress in extracurricular activities. It has the ability and intelligence to analyze matches and assist in the selection of the institution’s team and players. After the Covid – 19 outbreak, more and more educational institutions are turning to robotic process automation to meet their goals daily.
- IT Operations: Bots leverage incident management systems or emails to create and unlock accounts, reset passwords, reboot systems, and apply upgrades, among other things.
- Human resources, Admin, Finance: Payroll processing, vendor management, accounts payable-receivable, employee onboarding-offboarding, inventory management, vendor management, and many more activities can easily be automated. You can keep staff, students, and guardians up to date on faculty additions and departures, along with other crucial information. RPA can also help you monitor incoming emails and other electronic communication, categorize it using keywords, assign it to the appropriate person, and respond to questions.
- Chatbot: Chabot can help students, employees, and website visitors with common inquiries such as admission schedules, admission processes, contact information, and course information. Chatbots that use NLP and AI can interpret natural language, learn from previous data, and respond to requests in the same way that humans do.
- Data migration: RPA helps in the administration and migration of data assisting you in transferring data across the university, school, and college systems such as student information and management systems.
Robot Process Automation is assisting educational institutions in seamlessly handling high-volume tasks. Robot Process Automation solutions can offer much-needed efficiency to administrative, academic, financial, and HR activities.